That’s the topic of this story at Hypebot. And with ever-greater pushes to legalize marijuana for recreational use a la Colorado, expect a big uptick in the number and variety of pro-pot stories.
Here are the first three points from the Hypebot list.
1) Easier access and reduced cost for musicians who use marijuana.2) Fewer musicians getting busted. Reduced stress, legal fees, cancellations, etc.
3) Lucrative tax revenues and reduced policing expenses open up the possibility of better collective support for poor musicians and increased funding for the arts.
The rest of the list can be found here. Meanwhile, I’ve come up with a few possibilities of my own.
- Less work for Willie Nelson’s lawyers.
- More blissed out crowds; less hassle for concert security.
- Increased concession sales might allow for lower ticket prices.
- Hemp rope, the roadie’s best friend.
- A line of accessories from artists like Snoop
And I’m sure you can think of more. Anything we’re missing?