Before the 2017 Polaris Music Prize is handed out, the eleven members of the Grand Jury will have to come to a consensus on which of the 10 albums on the Short List is the best Canadian recording of the year, regardless of genre or commercial success.
- A Tribe Called Red – We Are The Halluci Nation
- BADBADNOTGOOD – IV
- Leonard Cohen – You Want It Darker
- Gord Downie – Secret Path
- Feist – Pleasure
- Lisa LeBlanc – Why You Wanna Leave, Runaway Queen?
- Lido Pimienta – La Papessa
- Tanya Tagaq – Retribution
- Leif Vollebekk – Twin Solitude
- Weaves – Weaves
The 2017 Grand Jury, chosen from the 200+ members of the jury pool of music obsessives from across the country consists of the following:
- Brian Cleveland, CFMH, Saint John, NB
- Francella Fiallos, CKDU, Halifax, NS
- Erin Flynn, CHUO 89.1FM, Ottawa, ON
- Vish Khanna, Kreative Kontrol, Guelph, ON
- Nick Krewen, Freelance Journalist, Toronto, ON
- Erik Leijon, Freelance Journalist, Montréal, QC
- Tara McCarthy, CBC Radio One, Whitehorse, YT
- Catherine Pogonat, Radio-Canada, Montréal, QC
- Sandra Sperounes, Edmonton, AB, Capital City Records
- Laura Stanley, Freelance Journalist, Toronto, ON
- Brad Wheeler, The Globe And Mail, Toronto, ON
And we also have a list of performers for the Gala.
- Lisa LeBlanc
- Lido Pimienta
- Tanya Tagaq
- Leif Vollebekk
There are a limited number of tickets available for the general public. Get them here.