Apple works in mysterious ways. Here’s what people are talking about today when it comes to the company’s involvement in music.
1. Huge new European data centres are under construction.
What will these be used for?
2. Apple is definitely going to do something in the streaming music arena, probably sometime this year.
But what do they have in mind? Here’s a roundup of some of the various rumours.
3. Whatever they do, it had better be good.
Better than free, actually.
4. Yeah, they’ll step on some toes along the way…
…but they’ll just pay for these missteps with the money they find in the couch cushions in the lobby of 1 Infinite Loop
5. Apple is going to war with Google over your next car’s dashboard.
And it’s not going to be pretty.
6. The U2 experiment seems to have worked.
Apple says that one-quarter of iTunes subscribers listened to U2’s free offering of Songs of Innocence. That would be about 200 million people. Really?