You can find mine here (co-host Michael Hainsworth and I also talk about Apple Music on episode 113 of the Geeks&Beats podcast), but as a public service, I’ve also collected these other first impressions.
- Re/Code: Nice, but confusing.
- The Verge: Something borrowed, something new.
- Music Business Worldwide: The features record labels will really love.
- Music Business Worldwide: Did the service start its first bidding war for an unsigned act?
- Trent Reznor (via Rolling Stone): “Other services left me feeling lacking.”
- Buzzfeed: Beats 1 is playing “clean” edits of songs. That’s disappointing.
- Spin: What works, what doesn’t.
- Cult of Mac: Apple Music is a serious contender.
- Quartz: Does Apple hate iTunes?