On January 19, 2011, Adele released her second album, 21. The best estimates are that it’s sold 26 million globally.
Music has taken second place to motherhood over the last year, but that hasn’t stopped the flow of cash. Here are some crazy statistics about 21:
- Adele earned about $54,000,000 from the album just in 2013.
- Subtract all the taxes and she still makes $60,000 a day from the album.
- Her production company earned $25,000,000 in 2013.
- Her publishing company made $9,500,000 last year.
- Last month, 21 became the first album to sell 3 million digital copies.
- Adele and her partner, Simon Konecki have homes in London, Brighton and Los Angeles. They recently rented a 10 bedroom mansion in West Sussex for just under $30,000 a month.
None of this would have happened had she not been dumped, a trauma that inspired many of the songs on 21. I wonder how that guy feeling?
(Via The Daily Mail.)