Music Canada is the industry organization that oversees the certification of gold and platinum albums in this country and around this time each year, they publish a list of who was awarded what. To recap, a Diamond award signifies domestic sales of 800,000 units. To get a platinum award, you have to sell 80,000 and for Gold, the figure is 40,000. Some highlights:
- Michael Buble: Christmas (2011), Diamond (800,000 units)
- Mumford & Sons: Babel (2012), 5x platinum (400,000)
- Eminem: Marshal Mathers LP, 4x platinum (320,000)
- Arcade Fire: Reflektor (2013), 3x platinum (240,000)
- Black Keys: El Camino (2011), 3x platinum
- Imagine Dragons: Night Visions (2012), 3x platinum
The full report can be found here.