Alex Lifeson is doing some decluttering. With more guitars than he can ever play, he’s decided that those that don’t spark joy anymore would be better in the hands of people who will actually play them. He’s thus becoming one of the many famous guitarists to auction off portions of his collection.
Come May 21-22, Julien’s Auctions will help Alex divest of the following:
- The Alex Lifeson Guitar–His custom-built “Whitey” Gibson ES-355TD electric main guitar from 1976-2015 (Used during his entire time with Rush)
- A “Limelight” stage played 1980 custom-built hentor Sportscaster electric guitar
- “The Trees” and “La Villa Strangiato” studio played 1971 Jose Ramirez classical acoustic guitar
- A Moving Pictures tour 1981 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion Electric Guitar
- A 1970 Gibson Les Paul Electric Guitar played on Rush’s inaugural tour in 1974, all Rush albums and tours from Fly By Night and 2112 to Hemispheres
And that’s not all. More than 100 lots will be for sale including other instruments, wardrobe, gear, and assorted memorabilia. Take a look at the whole catalogue here.