If Donald Trump can run for President, why can’t Alice Cooper?
The shock rock icon has released a new single of his 1972 hit “Elected” for his presidential campaign. From Vintage Vinyl News:
“But it’s not all about debonair good looks and long flowing locks — Alice Cooper has a platform that every voter can get behind. He is asking his fellow Americans, and all those around the world who are disillusioned with their leaders, to join ‘The Wild Party’”.
For Canadians familiar with the Rhino Party, Cooper’s platform is just as quirky, but also much more plausible…for the most part. These are the issue’s he’s tackling in both America and Britain:
- Getting Brian Johnson back in AC/DC
- A snake in every pot
- No more pencils, no more books
- Adding Lemmy to Mt Rushmore
- Rename Big Ben “Big Lemmy”
- Groucho Marx on the $50 bill
- Peter Sellers on the £20 note
- Cupholders required for every airplane seat
- Ban on talking during movies in movie theatres
- Ban on taking selfies, except on a designated National Selfie Day
“He is tackling the everyday concerns discussed among his fellow woman and man – the ordinary, decent hard working (and rocking) people he meets and entertains every day while performing nearly 100 concerts a year around the world”.
And of course, Alice Cooper has campaign merchandise for sale here.