The Junos–the last of the music awards programs that started coming at us with Polaris back in September–is set for Saskatoon on March 15. Here’s what was announced today (January 28) at a press conference in Toronto.
Host: Alessia Cara
Performers: Glorious Sons, Daniel Caesar, Lennon Stella, and Tory Lanez are the first four announcements.
Canadian Music Hall of Fame Inductee: Jan Arden
Nomination Highlights: Alessia Cara has six nominations (and yes, you did read that she’s also hosting) and Tory Lanez has five. These artists also have multiple nominations: Bryan Adams (3), Alexandra Stréliski (3), bülow (3), Loud Luxury (3), Shawn Mendes (3), and NAV (2).
If you’re a reader of these pages, here are the categories you probably care about the most:
Adult Alternative Album of the Year
- City and Colour – A Pill for Loneliness
- Half Moon Run – A Blemish in the Great Light
- Iskwē – acākosīk
- Leonard Cohen – Thanks for the Dance
- Patrick Watson – Wave
Alternative Album of the Year
- Black Mountain – Destroyer
- Foxwarren – Foxwarren
- Mac DeMarco – Here Comes The Cowboy
- Orville Peck – Pony
- PUP – Morbid Stuff
Rock Album of the Year
- Big Wreck – …but for the sun
- Headstones – PEOPLESKILLS
- Sum 41 – Order In Decline
- The Dirty Nil – Master Volume
- The Glorious Sons – A War On Everything
Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year
- Kobra And The Lotus – Evolution
- Lindsay Schoolcraft – Martyr
- Single Mothers – Through A Wall
- Striker – Play to Win
- The Agonist – Orphans
The full list of nominees can be found here.