Although not very practical, death can be a very good career move. Just in time for Halloween, here’s the annual list of the top-earning dead celebrities. All figures in USD.
- Michael Jackson: $115 million (Note that this is more than twice what Beyonce will earn this year but about a third of what Taylor Swift will pull in. Still, MJ has earned over $1 billion as a dead guy.)
- Elvis Presley: $55 million (Elvis is the reason these lists started being created in the first place.
- Charles Schulz: $40 million
- Bob Marley: $21 million (This will only increase now that the Marley estate is now into the legal marijuana business.)
- Elizabeth Taylor: $20 million
- Marilyn Monroe: $17 million
- John Lennon: $12 million (He’ll be on this list for years.)
- Albert Einstein: $11 million
- Paul Walker: $10.5 million
- Bettie Page: $10 million
- Theodor Geisel: $9.5 million
- Steve McQueen: $9 million
- James Dean: 8.5 million
(Via the BBC)