Apple will release iOS 8.4 tomorrow at 11am ET and with that the Apple Music streaming service. Beats 1, their much-hyped global radio station, will sign on an hour after that. (Here’s the Facebook page for the launch.) If you have an iOS device, you’ll soon start seeing this pop up.
Other things you might want to know.
- Yes, Canada is part of the launch along with 99 other countries.
- iTunes Match lives. The 25,000 song maximum will stay in place for 8.4 but will probably increase to 100,000 for iOS 9, which is due later this year.
- Drake, Dr. Dre and Elton John will all have shows/interviews on Beats 1. Eminem and Pharrell Williams will be participating somehow, too.
- Apple Music will ended up on Sonos systems sometime by the end of the year.
- No one outside of the UK knows who Zane Lowe is. The New York Times is trying to help.
- And in case you haven’t heard, Taylor Swift’s music will be available on the service.
Once you’ve digested the above, move on to this blog post entitled “Just What Exactly Is Apple Up To?” Radio folks should then proceed to “What Does Apple’s Beats 1 Mean for Your Radio Brand?”