It’s that time of year again when we start getting lists summarizing what happened in music. Apple Music has released its top songs for 2022 in something called the Replay Experience–and ahead of Spotify’s annual year-end lists.
Here are some top-line results.
- Top song of the year: “Stay” by The Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber.
- Elton John and Dua Lipa’s “Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)” finished atop the Shazam chart, which was a list of songs that received the most Shazam searches.
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” from from Disney’s “Encanto” was the platform’s song with the most-read lyrics.
- Also in the top ten: Wait For U” by Future featuring Drake and Tems; “As It Was” by Harry Styles; “Super Gremlin” by Kodak Black; “Easy on Me” by Adele; “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals; Jack Harlow’s “First Class,” Bad Bunny and Chencho Corleone’s “Me Porto Bonito” and GAYLE’s “abcdefu.”
- Hip hop led the global chart with 32 of the top 100 songs of the year, followed by pop (23 songs on the chart)., followed by R&B/soul (11), Latin (8) and J-Pop (6).
Here are a few more lists.
Spotify’s Wrapped should be ready Monday.