- Job Number: 38146654
- London, Greater London, United Kingdom
- Posted: 3 February 2015
- Weekly Hours: 35.00
iTunes is looking for an editorial producer with experience across pop culture and a specific expertise in music journalism. This full-time position is split between editorial and producing duties. The editorial duties focus on writing, editing, managing a sea of freelancers, and working collaboratively with business and content heads to shape and define editorially driven merchandising promotions. As far as producing, this role will also focus on special projects and promotions, making sure all parties understand the timelines and deliverables associated with getting these pages live, and making sure we execute flawlessly and on time.
- Excellent communication, cross-departmental collaboration, and planning skills with a strict attention to detail.
- Seasoned writer with broad pop culture background.
- Deep contacts in the freelance world with writers who can cover the spectrum of pop culture (music, movies, books, etc.).
- Experience managing and motivating a stable of freelance writers.
- Experience working cross-functionally across content, business, and production teams.
- Project management experience.
Writing lively copy with personality and verve that still adheres to the Apple brand. Working with local agencies and writers across all media types. Collaborate with Editorial and teams across the business, marketing, and creative departments to shape and drive editorial features and brands Write headlines and teasers that are passionate and accurate, without veering into cliches Organize and track assignments and make sure final copy is routed to the appropriate teams Work with colleagues across different teams to identify and execute on future editorial priorities Project manage promotions, which includes communicating deliverables, launch dates, and requirements.
BA or higher