Do Zoom meetings leave you exhausted? Has COVID-19 burned you out? Then read on.
Zoom Fatigue is a Real Thing
A new study by Stanford University has been looking into “Zoom fatigue,” that unique feeling of tiredness you get trying to conduct a virtual meeting, be it through Zoom, Teams, Google Hangout, or whatever. Why do these virtual meetings seem to take so much more out of us? This article explains everything. You might be surprised at what the problems are.
This Kid Figured It Out
An eight-year-old British girl managed to get out of homeschooling over Zoom with a very, very clever hack. Her mom, her teachers, and even Zoom’s technical support couldn’t figure it out. This kid deserves an A in deductive reasoning.
And the Germans Have Been Busy Inventing New Words
Because their language is so flexible, the Germans have a word for everything. COVID-19 has been a boon for linguists who study the birth of new German words. So car, there are over 1,200 of them.
- Coronamüde: Tired of COVID-19
- Coronafrisur: The hairstyle that comes without being able to get a haircut during the pandemic
- Coronaangst: COVID anxiety
- Impfneid: Envy of those who have received a vaccine
- Abstandsbier: Drinking beer while social distancing
- CoronaFußgruß: Literally “foot greeting;” the act of touching feet instead of shaking hands.
- Oh, there’s more.