Media Technology Monitor (hereafter known as MTM) has collected some data about the podcast listening habits of Canadians, both in the English- and French-speaking parts of the country. Here’s what they found.
- 36% of English-speaking Canadians listen to podcasts, up from 30% in the fall of 2019. The pandemic helped boost overall listening by 20%
- 25% of Francophones are into podcasts, up from 17%.
- 56% of English speakers aged 18-34 listen to podcasts.
- Those who stream AM/FM radio or use music streaming services are more likely to listen to podcasts.
- Two-third say that they get their podcasts from a single source.
- Spotify is the leading source for podcasts in Canada. That’s gotta bug Apple who dominated this space for years.
- The most common way to learn of a new podcast? Word of mouth.
(Via Broadcast Dialogue)