SONOS, the company with the awesome gear that allows you to put music anywhere your home, has a blog post called Potluck Playlist. Teaming with Spotify, they researched the factors that go into making the perfect playlist for gatherings. With the holidays coming up, these tips could come in handy.
- Over half of our global sample (57%) say they look forward to Friendsmas and Friendsgiving gatherings more than their family’s holiday Christmas celebrations.
- 85% of attendees say there has to be music playing at these gatherings, and the same percentage believe that just behind the presence of good friends and good conversation being in flow, music is the next most essential ingredient.
- The music at these parties helps 82% relax, and 78% use it as an ice-breaker.
- 79% valued the sound quality of the music played through the speaker system as ‘important.’
- 63% say that there needs to be a large music library to choose from while 67% think it should be easy for guests to pick a song.
- 73% believe that music encourages people to sing along.
- Music makes the food and drink taste better for 62% of our sample.
- The style of music matches the taste of the people at the gathering: 80%.
- 60% believe that it’s important that everyone has the opportunity to add to the playlist.
- Invitees are finite, usually around 13 – a number that is consistent across countries. Amongst 8 countries studied the biggest average friendship celebration is still only 15, in the USA.
Read the entire blog post here.