The Order of Canada, this country’s highest civilian award, is given out twice a year. The latest crop of 99 recipients this week include:
- Daniel Lanois, producer and musician. Where would U2 be without him if not for his work co-producing The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby?
- Gord Downie (but we already knew that)
- Alan Doyle, he of Great Big Sea.
- Mike Myers, if for nothing more than making Scarborough famous with Wayne’s World.
- Catherine O’Hara, one of this country’s great comedic actors.
- Alex Trebek, for sneaking all those Canadian questions into Jeopardy.
- Graydon Carter, for his work as the editor of Vanity Fair (and maybe for his hatred of Donald Trump)
The full list of recipients can be found here.