It’s been almost a week since eight people died and 300 were injured in the insane crowd crush at the Astroworld Festival in Houston. Here’s the latest:
- Concert executives and especially Travis Scott (who was onstage at the time) failed fans.
- Travis Scott’s lawyers say that there’s too much finger-pointing going on.
- What’s this about a golden parachute for organizers of the festival?
- Astroworld apparently had an emergency plan. What went wrong?
- Concerns about potential crowd crushes at other shows are spreading through the concert industry.
- That rumour about someone running around stabbing people with a syringe has been debunked. The security guard who first reported something has recanted.
- And did The Simpsons predict Astroworld? No, but this person who created this fan art in 2018 might have.
Here’s the original album artwork for Travis Scott’s Astroworld album…
…and here’s the fan art created by @liamayson back in 2018 for Instagram.
(Via NY Post)