The people at NewCanadianMusic.ca have come up with a different kind year-end list. Not only does it focus on Canadian music, but these are five unique pieces of advice that you may not get anywhere else.
- Ignoring conventional music biz wisdom may be the best way to build a career.
- The power of new platforms to drastically accelerate to drastically accelerate (and derail) careers.
- The power of celebrity influencers (or, it helps to have friends in high places).
- You don’t necessarily have to release much music to remain in the public eye.
- A well-executed media campaign coupled with amazingly catchy music can make all the difference (or ,just do what Chromeo did in 2014).
These aren’t just random phrases, either. Check out the site to get the hard statistics behind these statements.