Gawd, what am I going to write about after Friday? I’ll figure it out then. Meanwhile, we must report the news.
1. TMZ reports that an unnamed legendary rock band–a Hall of Fame rock band, no less–was cut from the inauguration performances in order to cut costs. Word is when they asked for more than $1 million to play, Trump balked and pulled the plug, allegedly to save money. Any surplus cash from the inauguration will be given to charity. So who’s the band? My (totally unverifiable) guess is The Beach Boys.
2. The Daily Beast reports on the art of holding an inaugural kegger.
3. From the New York Times: “Should My Band Play at Trump’s Inauguration?”
4. Lewis Black had this to say about inauguration performers.
— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) January 18, 2017
5. And Fiona Apple and composer Michael Whalen have come up with a special “Tiny Hands” chant for the Women’s March on Washington, which is set for Saturday. All together now: “We don’t want your tiny hands/Anywhere near our underpants.”