The BBC went through a big stack of books about both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in an effort to learn where the Republican candidate stood on music. Here’s the executive summary. The full story can be found here.
- Donald Trump once punched his music teacher–he gave him a black eye–and was almost expelled as a result.
- He enjoys the music of both Tony Bennett and Eminem. (Em, by the way, hates Trump.)
- He claims to love reggae, especially Toots and the Maytals.
- He doesn’t care what you think of his taste in music.
- He prefers successful musicians…
- …but Paul McCartney is a “schmuck.”
- Minimalist composer Steve Reich is a target of his admiration.
- He takes credit for much of Lady Gaga’s success.
- He’s learned business tips from the world’s great orchestras.
- Him and Sinatra? Very similar.
- Golf or music? Golf.
- He believes he’s a great singer himself.