I get emails every week from people asking how they can break into the world of music writing. I also hear from established music writers looking for more work. What to do? Maybe this.
I’m involved with a brand new online (and very revolutionary) music site called FlinkFame which will launch in the next couple of weeks.
The site needs writers and contributors. LOTS of writers. And yes, we’re talking about paying gigs. They’re part-time–you work from home and on your own pace–but it could grow into more.
If you’re in the Toronto area, we’re holding our first ever recruitment/information session Thursday, May 1 starting at 7:30. (Location TBA, but it’ll be downtown somewhere.)
No formal experience is necessary, but you have to a great command of the English language, a way with words and appreciation for written works. It also goes saying that you must have a burning passion for writing about music. All kinds of music.
If you’re interested:
- You need to register with me by sending your name and email to [email protected]. Make sure you put MUSIC WRITER in the subject line.
- You need to bring a fully-charged laptop that you can connect to WiFi.
- We’ll need about two hours of your time as we introduce you to the FlinkFame ecosystem and explain how you can make some cash as a Flink music writer.
- We’ll jam on some stories together.
- Food and refreshments will be served. (I’m pushing for lots of pizza.)
- And yes, we’ll answer every question you may have.
If you’re not in the Toronto area, just hang tight. I promise you’ll have a shot.
Who’s with me?