Once again, please excuse the creakiness in my voice on this week’s show. I’ve still got the monkey pox from my trip to Borneo. This is probably why I let Michael babble on about his Star Wars fetish in the first part of the show–and the medication (coupled with the scotch) is probably why I found it interesting.
- The Star Wars trailer is out and the Internet is melting down.
- Deconstructing the sounds of light sabres.
- The Emperor’s lightning bolts? How is that connected to Frankenstein? Like this.
- And the origin of the Star Destroyer’s engine sound? This.
- We LOVE our Patreon patrons!
- Tidal is a failure. Here’s more proof.
- Norway is killing FM radio. Why you shouldn’t care.
- The return of Guitar Hero.
- The “Universal Record.” I don’t get it.
- A very cool virtual tour of Abbey Road Studios.
- Nine songs your parents (allegedly) had sex to. Ew.
For more–and we have a crack team of writers adding content to the website every day–go here. The G&B Swag Store is open 24/7 for your convenience. Here’s where you can subscribe to everything we do. You can listen to us on the radio every week. (Yes, there’s an actual G&B Radio Network.)
We’d also love it if you left us a message at (323) 319-NERD. And if you’re not already a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, well, you’re a bad, mean person. Repair your karma by doing it now.