Well, I’m back in Singapore again, but you’d never know it looking out my hotel window. The smoke from Indonesian forest fires is so thick that visibility is down to around 500 metres. Everyone is wearing facemasks. Anyone can quote you the current air quality index. They’re even closing schools. It’s like sitting on the wrong side of a smoky campfire. Walk outside and you can actually taste the burning wood and peat. Yuck.
Best stay inside and do some Geeks&Beats work, yes? Here’s what was on the show this week.
- Outfitting a bar–and a distillery–on the International Space Station.
- REM: Another type of Orange Crush. HINT: Donald Trump is involved.
- Canadians aren’t very valuable as music fans. In fact, we’re downright miserly. It’s embarrassing.
- 95% of songs are irrelevant. Here’s what that means.
- We love our Patreon Patrons and the people who fly the various G&B flags! Thanks for your courage and support.
- We’re giving away a Trackdot Luggage Tracker!
- What if Chewbacca made house music? Maybe he should go here for more info.
For more–and we have a crack team of writers adding content to the website every day–go here. The G&B Swag Store is open 24/7 for your convenience. Here’s where you can subscribe to everything we do. You can listen to us on the radio every week. (Yes, there’s an actual G&B Radio Network.)
We’d also love it if you left us a message at (323) 319-NERD. And if you’re not already a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, well, you’re a bad, mean person. Repair your karma by doing it now.
Are you into audio production? We’re always looking for jingles, stagers, memes or anything else we can use in producing the show.