This was another one of those shows where one of us–in this case, me–was away from the home studio. But since the show must go on, I was able to secure an Internet connection from my bunker on the west coast of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean, the last known address of the dodo bird.
The dodo is long extinct, but its images and iconography are everywhere. And yes, I know that the bird for this week’s artwork is NOT a dodo. That’s some weird turkey-like thing I met at a tea plantation.
Here’s what happened.
- Pandora and the record industry are at each other’s throats–again. Here’s why.
- Apple and Shazam together? I like it!
- FretPen: Who wouldn’t want an electric guitar you could slide in your pocket? (We should get some of these to give away. Note to self…)
- Some of the coolest wearable gadgets you can get today are…
- The weirdest records of all time. I have some of these.
- We have a co-producer! Thank you Marie-Josee Caron! And Scott Coates is back again! Yay!
- Turns out people are listening to the podcast in droves. Who knew?
- More new swag!
- Did you know that song was a cover? No? Let me explain, my child.
- And given that I was in Mauritius, a nation that as a region called Pamplemousse, we though we’d play some Pomplamoose.
Things will be back to normal next week and will stay that way until I have to go to Singapore next month.