Published on February 8th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Gord Downie’s Birthday Celebration Party Raised Some Good Coin for Brain Cancer Research
This past Saturday (February 4), friends and fans of Gord Downie and the Tragically Hip gathered at Adelaide Hall in Toronto for a celebration of Gord’s 53rd birthday (February 6). The sold-out crowd dug deep, raising nearly $15,000 for brain cancer research.
Rob Ferreira, the organizer (and the guy running the #CourageForGord website and project), says they used a number of fundraising vehicles:
- 50/50 Draw, Raffle prizes and Silent Auction
- Birthday Celebration Cupcake RaffleGord
- Tragically Hip inspired cocktail menu
- Raffles for two Izzy Camilleri keychains made of Gord’s suits
- Launched an online auction for the last set of Izzy’s keychains here: https://www.courageforgord.org/collections/online-auction/products/izzy-camilleri-keychain-set
- Celebrated World Cancer Day on Feb 4th
In the end, the final tally was $14,460.21. Here are some shots from the night.