This past Saturday (February 4), friends and fans of Gord Downie and the Tragically Hip gathered at Adelaide Hall in Toronto for a celebration of Gord’s 53rd birthday (February 6). The sold-out crowd dug deep, raising nearly $15,000 for brain cancer research.
Rob Ferreira, the organizer (and the guy running the #CourageForGord website and project), says they used a number of fundraising vehicles:
- 50/50 Draw, Raffle prizes and Silent Auction
- Birthday Celebration Cupcake RaffleGord
- Tragically Hip inspired cocktail menu
- Raffles for two Izzy Camilleri keychains made of Gord’s suits
- Launched an online auction for the last set of Izzy’s keychains here: https://www.courageforgord.org/collections/online-auction/products/izzy-camilleri-keychain-set
- Celebrated World Cancer Day on Feb 4th
In the end, the final tally was $14,460.21. Here are some shots from the night.