Guests for the second Taylor Hawkins tribute concert have been announced
Earlier today (June 15), we heard about the special guests for the first Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins tribute concert, set for Wembley Stadium in London on September 3. This afternoon, we got notes on who will participate in the second show on September 27 in Los Angeles. That gig will feature contributions from:
- Alanis Morissette (Taylor used to be the drummer in her band)
- Miley Cyrus
- Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age (he’s also part of the London show)
- Joan Jett
- Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen (also participants in the London gig)
- Mark Ronson
- Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Wolfgang Can Halen
- Brad Wilk (Rage Against the Machine)
- Gene Simmons of KISS
That last one is interesting. Gene famously has no time for booze or drugs or those who abuse them. My theory is that Gene would never have agreed to take part in an event honouring someone who died of an OD. Yet here he is. That should tell everyone something about Taylor’s cause of death: It wasn’t drugs; it was something else, most likely a heart condition. Just my theory.
One thought on “Guests for the second Taylor Hawkins tribute concert have been announced”
G’day Alan. Just a misprint I noticed (Wolfgang Can Halen). But of course we all know that Wolfgang definately CAN Halen!