An American company called Fan Dragon surveyed concert goers on the topic of tickets turned up some interesting facts.
- 14% have used a fake ticket to drive to get into a gig. It’s unclear whether they they knew their ticket was fake or if they unknowingly something bogus.
- This is enough for 72% to say they want government to do something about fake tickets.
- 72% say they’re willing to pay up to $500 for a single ticket to a single event.
- 85% use their phone to access their ticket.
- 59% are so suspicious about the validity of concert tickets that they will never, ever buy something on the secondary market. Most would rather just go through official channels like Ticketmaster to make sure that they’re getting the real deal.
- 23% admitted to sneaking into a gig without paying.
- 21% used someone else’s ticket to get in (it’s unclear how they managed that)
- 18% say they bribed event staff to get into a gig.
If you want the full report, go here.