Here We Go Again: The Best Songs to Have Sex To
A list like this comes up at least once a year or so at the behest of some kind of contest, promotion, survey or project. In this case, the producers of a TV documentary called Songs to Have Sex To have assemble a Top 10, which, oddly, doesn’t contain “Closer” by Nine Inch Nails. Feel free to add it (or any other song you deem appropriate) in the comments section. Details on the list here.
1. “J’Taime” – Jane Berkin and Serge Gainsborough (1968)
2. “Sexy Boy” – Air (1998)
3. “Let’s Get It On” – Marvin Gaye (1973)
4. “Relax” – Frankie Goes to Hollywood (1984)
5. “Moments in Love” – The Art of Noise (1985)
6. “Love to Love You Baby” – Donna Summer (1975) Go with the original 12-inch disco version.
7. “Silly Games” – Janet Kay (1979)
8. “Sexual Healing” – Marvin Gaye (1982)
9. “Between the Sheets” – Isley Brothers (1983)
10. “Gloria” – Patti Smith (1979). What? Really?
Bonus Suggestions from me:
11. “Slow Ride” – Foghat: Just follow the tempo, fer crissakes.
12. “Heels On” – Lady Saw (2013): I learned of this one at Reggae SumFest in Jamaica this year. It will get any guy sweaty.
2 thoughts on “Here We Go Again: The Best Songs to Have Sex To”
Well, according to that list people are boring, tasteless, and have no sense of adventure in bed. Oh, and mostly stuck in the 70’s, I might add. I can see #’s 2 and 5, and even the bonus #11… but #1… seriously? I didn’t realize people were turned on by cheese. Maybe I should break out that brie in my fridge, because I’m sure that would work just as well to put the average lady ‘in the mood’. This is exactly why I have my own playlist set up and ready to go at the drop of a condom wrapper. All I can say is I’m glad I’m not having sex with anyone who are turned on by the songs on this list. Boooooring!
Pingback: Space, Sex, and (Harry) Stiles | Geeks and Beats Podcast