If you’ve ever wanted to be in a music video, a new opportunity has come up courtesy of Rough Trade’s Carole Pope and Rob Preuss of The Spoons.
Carole has released a COVID-themed song with a band called Church of Trees entitled “World’s a Bitch” and a video needs to be shot. Here’s the concept from Suddenly SeeMore Productions:
The song is about Covid burnout. We’re all feeling it! So, the concept of the video is simple. You are locked inside your computer screen as you attempt to deal with your own Covid burnout.
You might be going crazy, perhaps you’re bored as hell. You could be playing games, chatting with a friend on Messenger, knitting, exercising, playing with the cat, or slowly melting into madness. Whatever it is, you are doing it on your computer screen… because, you’re locked down and can’t go anywhere else!
What You Need To Do:
- Provide us with 10 to 15 seconds of high quality video (minimum 1080p) that shows us your own Covid burnout scene.
- Whether you are using your phone, laptop, tablet, or computer webcam, lock off your device so it does not move (phones should be in landscape position), and record a scene in front of your camera, phone, etc.
- Again, the idea is that you are trapped in your computer screen and doing something that relates to your own Covid burnout.
- You are bored silly, show us what bored means to you
- going crazy, tearing your hair out because you’ve had enough
- eating too much junk food
- taunting the cat
- dancing because what else is there to do
- chatting with a friend on Messenger
- having a Zoom party
- Watching too much Netflix
- knitting/doing needlepoint
These are only suggestions, so be creative! Make it your own. We want to see what your Covid burnout looks like!
- Your 10 to 15 second video must be “locked off”, meaning that the camera does not move. Mount your device on a phone/camera tripod, or shoot from your webcam
- It must be the highest quality video you can shoot (1080p is the minimum)
- Phones etc must be in landscape position.
- Medium close-ups (head and shoulders) are encouraged. However, wider shots (e.g. dancing, exercising, etc) are acceptable.
- Please send no more than 3 clips (each video is 10 to 15 seconds maximum) per person.
- Send your footage to [email protected]
Legal Stuff: There is no compensation for use of your video footage. By submitting your video(s), you grant the rights for your footage and image/likeness to be used in all media in perpetuity without fee now or in the future.
On behalf of Carole, Church of Trees, Rob Preuss, and our dedicated Suddenly SeeMore Productions crew, I thank you for your help! We will let you know when the video will air!