As usual, MRC/Nielsen Music has released all the stats on weekly Canadian music sales and streaming. Here’s how things look during the age of pandemic, starting with year-over-year comparisons.
- Total album sales, -27.4%
- CD sales, -53.3% (So far this year, 1.49 million CDs have been sold in all of Canada)
- Digital albums, -19.4%
- Digital tracks, -26.4%
- Vinyl, -26.1% (394,517 units)
- On-demand audio streams, +17.2%
Now let’s look at how things have evolved week to week. There’s some good news here. A little bit, anyway.
- Total albums, -8.7%
- CD sales, -12.5%
- Digital albums, -8.4%
- Digital tracks, +1.2%
- Vinyl, +2.5%
- On-demand audio streams, -0.1%
We’ll keep on top of things.