Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE Record Store Day. The problem is that the special editions I want tend to (a) be available in limited amounts; (b) not be available in my area; and (c) snapped up by collectors who immediately try to sell them for big dollars on eBay.
- The 101ers/Elgin Avenue Breakdown (2 x 12″ vinyl): Joe Strummer’s pre-Clash band
- Sid Barrett/REM/”Dark Globe” (7-inch): I have no idea what this ex-Pink Floyder and jangle rock heroes record is all about, but I want it.
- David Bowie/”Changes” (7-inch picture disc): ‘Nuff said.
- Citizen Dick/”Touch Me I’m” (7-inch): The fake band featuring Matt Dillion and members of Pearl Jam from the movie Singles.
- Foo Fighters/Songs from the Laundry Room (10-inch): Two demos, a cover and an unreleased song.
- Ministry/Ministry Trax Box (CD box set): Anything that Al does this Al wants.
- Stooges/Have Some Fun: Live at Ungano’s (12-inch coloured vinyl): Iggy!