Published on May 23rd, 2019 | by Alan Cross2
The latest update on my Spring 2019 speaking tour. Many events are sold out. Tickets are moving fast.
Salon: n. a meeting of intellectuals or other eminent people at the invitation of a celebrity or socialite.
Side Door Access is a Halifax-based company that sets up small intimate shows in private spaces–homes, stores, restaurants, small venues, wherever–for artists who want to perform in front of audiences in a very intimate sort of way. Any artist can sign up and virtually anyone can host.
While I can’t sing or play anything, I can talk a little. That’s why SDA has set up a series of speaking gigs across Ontario where music fans can get together and talk about virtually anything.
The evening (or afternoon, as it may be) will start with me pontificating on something from the world of music punctuated by a variety of Ongoing History-like stories. From there, we’ll move into a wide-ranging Q&A discussion.
Here are the dates in the weeks ahead. Click on the links for more information and tickets.
- May 29, Buffalo NY, Brian’s Place SOLD OUT
- May 30, Guelph, The Nottingham Cottage SOLD OUT
- May 31, Toronto, Meo’s Place JUST 2 TICKETS LEFT
- June 1, Peterborough, Ontario, Elcombe Crescent
- June 2, Gilmour, Ontario, Island View Cottage
- June 5, Kingston, Ontario, The Sunken Kitchen JUST 14 TICKETS LEFT
- June 13, Ottawa, Ontario, Stray Dog Brewing Company SOLD OUT
- June 14, Ottawa, Ontario, Sean’s Place SOLD OUT
- June 16, Ottawa, Ontario, Stray Dog Brewing Company SOLD OUT
- July 16, Victoria, BC, The Victoria House
- July 17, Vancouver, BC, TILT Curiosity Labs
- July 18, Kamloops, BC, McArthur Castle
- July 21, Calgary Alberta, Village Event Centre
- July 23, Jasper, Alberta, Rocky Mountain Foursquare
- July 24, Edmonton, Alberta, The Lodge
I’m open to doing more, too. If you want to book your own salon, go to Side Door Access