Here’s your obligatory Halloween list of top-earning dead musicians
Just because you’re dead doesn’t mean you can’t still make bank. You’re just not around to enjoy it.
Forbes, who is always interested in the incomes of famous people, has this Top 13 list of the highest-earning dead celebrities. Note that most of them are deceased musicians.
- Michael Jackson (d. 2009), US$60 million
- Elvis Presley (d. 1977), US$39 million
- Charles M. Schulz (creator of Peanuts, d. 2000), US$38 million
- Arnold Palmer (golfer, d. 2016), US$30 million
- Bob Marley (d. 1981), US$20 million
- Dr. Seuss (children’s author, d. 1991), US$19 million
- John Lennon (d. 1980), US$14 million
- Marilyn Monroe (d. 1962), US$13 million
- Prince (d. 2016), $12 million
- Nipsey Hussle (d. 2019), US$11 million
- XXXtentacion (d. 2018), $US10 million
- Whitney Houston (d. 2012), US$9.5 million
- George Harrison (d. 2001), US$9 million
The full list and the dearly departed source of income can be found here.