TikTok is the rarest of unicorns, a tech company that has blown up so much that it’s starting to rival Facebook in some areas. The platform has become especially important to the recorded music industry for a number of reasons. Hits Daily Double provides this summary. I quote:
- The majority of TikTokers not only discover new music on TikTok but hear songs they don’t hear anywhere else. 75% of TikTok users say they discover new artists through TikTok and 63% heard new music they’d never heard before on TikTok.
- 68% of TikTok users would prefer to see videos from brands featuring new music they’ve never heard before.
- The TikTok community is motivated to interact with the music featured in videos on TikTok, with 67% of TikTokers more likely to seek out a song they heard on TikTok on a music streaming platform.
- Community members often have “heard it on TikTok” moments. 72% say they associate certain songs with TikTok.
- TikTokers are motivated to interact with the music featured in videos on TikTok. 36% of users save the song/audio to use later; 35% look up the artist behind the song after hearing it.
Any questions? (Via Anthony)