Every music fan has a stack of band t-shirts. But how many? And how much is too much?
A company called RushOrderTees surveyed over 1,000 people about their music t-shirt collections. Here’s what they found:
- The average fan owns 11 music-related t-shirts.
- Metal fans are king. The average metalhead has at least 17.
- 69% still own their oldest shirt. The average age of that shirt is a staggering 11 years.
- The most popular shirts are AC/DC, Aerosmith, and Queen.
- Punk fans spend the most. The average total value of a punk’s t-shirt collection is US$600.
- The most vintage band shirts are bought on eBay followed by second-hand shops.
- And this is my favourite statistic: Fans agree that you need to know at least TEN songs from the artist before you deign to wear one of their t-shirts. Got that, poseurs?
And I love these “rules.”