Published on February 1st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
If Bill Gates Were Stuck on a Desert Island, Here’s the Eight Records He’d Want with Him
Bill Gates is marooned on a desert island. For some reason, though, he has electricity and a serviceable turntable/CD player/
Zune MP3 player. (Okay, he probably has a PC and an Xbox, too). He was able to rescue just eight pieces of music before he was stranded. What might those records be? Business Insider set to find out. (Via Bobby)
- “Under Pressure”/Queen and David Bowie – Not one of my favourites, but, hey, it’s his island.
- “Blue Skies”/Willie Nelson – If it’s a desert island, there will be plenty of blue skies.
- “Sing”/Ed Sheeran – His granddaughter’s favourite song.
- “Are You Experienced”/Jimi Hendrix – A throwback to Bill’s stoner era.
- “One”/U2 – Bono’s a buddy.
- “Two of Us”/The Beatles – It reminds him of his relationship with Steve Jobs.
- “How Can Love Survive?”/Rogers and Hammerstein – Something from The Sound of Music? Really?
- “My Shot”/Lin-Manuel Miranda, Anthony Ramos, Daveed Diggs, Okieriete Onaodowan, Leslie Odom Jr. – From the hit Broadway musical, Hamilton.