I’m Not Sure How I Feel About This…

I’m a big fan of George Carlin but I’m not sure how I feel about being categorized with him and Bill Cosby in the comedy section of the HMV store in Moncton, New Brunswick.  Don’t they have a spoken word section for me?

(Thanks to Kris for pointing this out. I think.)

4 thoughts on “I’m Not Sure How I Feel About This…

• October 27, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Alan Cross's 7 words you can't say on radio.

• October 28, 2013 at 2:31 am

Reminds me when I ran a Music World store. Not every record store employee is a bearded hipster with black-framed glasses. Chain stores just hire enthusiastic 20-somethings who can work random part-time hours.

Every Tuesday afternoon I'd have to scour the bins and see how many new artists were miscategorized by the staff. Often, all they had to go on were the album covers and song titles and had to make educated guesses.

• October 28, 2013 at 11:31 am

I wouldn't take it too personally – as far as audio CD brick and mortar store allegories go it's akin to the string quartet on the Titanic flubbing a phrase and insisting on starting over…

On the bright side, you'll probably get more exposure than being tossed in 'other'.

• October 29, 2013 at 5:54 am

Bill Cosby's "Himself" is PURE GENIUS! When was the last time you watched it?

You could fill a room with men, women, children, and senior citizens right now, throw that on, and everyone in that room will be laughing!

YOU SHOULD BE HONORED ALAN!

Guy's kind of a douche, but who in the entertainment industry isn't?

The whole this is up on Youtube…. do yourself a favor.