I’m not entirely sure if the authors of this study are taking the piss but if you run with certain assumptions, things could be very different for homo sapiens in the future.
The study says that we will continue to evolve in a biological and physical way if we’re not careful. Given that North Americans are on their devices for at least seven hours a day…
Future evolutionary-inducted traits may include:
- A hunched back and arched neck from looking down all the time.
- A clawed hand from holding onto a phone constantly
- An elbow at a permanent 90% angle from holding our phones.
- A thicker skull and smaller brain because of outsourcing knowledge and memories to the cloud.
- A second eyelid (like camels!) to protect us from the blue light given off from our devices.
You’ve been warned.