Looking for a new gig? How about a position with McDonald’s Global Digital Team? The company is currently looking for a Product Director, Music and Entertainment, probably for their new San Francisco office.
Wait. A music director for McDonalds?
Like many other companies, McDonald’s is looking to make a consumer connection using music; in this case, it looks like they want to roll out a rewards program for customers. Here’s the job posting:
- Create the customer strategy and product roadmap for a variety of digital music and entertainment experiences that McDonald’s will provide to customers
- Establish multi-channel music and emerging entertainment programs to reward our most enthusiastic customers and drive frequency.
- Lead the customer evangelism by identifying unmet customer needs, defining customer requirements, articulating the customer journey and defining minimally viable products
- Leverage music and product management experience with direct-to-consumer companies
- Evaluate and select vendors and negotiate contracts within the music and entertainment industries
- Develop a vision, excite people across the McDonald’s system globally with ideas, and get products quickly to market
- Author key product definition artifacts including narratives, requirements, use cases, personas and success metrics
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the areas of design, engineering and brand marketing to align and execute consumer product strategy
- Own and drive product roadmaps and deliverables for key experiences
- Minimum 7+ years experience in product management for consumer technology, Internet, digital media or e-commerce
- Deep knowledge of music licensing practices and digital rights management
- Significant experience developing and building music and entertainment products
- BS/BA required; graduate degree preferred
- Technical skills and business accumen necessary to grasp complex concepts and develop clear, concise, synthesized recommendations
- Ability to work at a fast pace while managing competing priorities; start-up experience preferred
- Ability to conceive new markets and new products from scratch, evangelize and drive success within a larger organization
- Demonstrable track record of shipping products and hands-on execution in product delivery
- Skilled at project and product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation
- Strong ability to work cross functionally to help shape the product and experiences
- Self-starter with strong bias for action
- Passionate about pop-culture, follows trends and innovations within the entertainment industry
- Possesses vast knowledge about a variety of popular, contemporary music
Interested? More at Hypebot.