A company called Common Sense Media went deep with Americans between the ages of 8 and 18 to learn more about their media consumption habits.
Ignore for a moment that the average 13-18 year-old spends seven hours and 22 minutes staring at a screen for entertainment every single day and instead focus on music.
- 82% of teens say they listen to music every day. That’s up from 47% for tweens.
- 73% of girls 8-18 list music as their favourite media activity while boys clocked in at 59%. Boys would rather spend time with online videos (67%).
- The average amount of time teens spend listening to music every day is two hours and five years.
- Favourite device for music? Smartphones. Teens spend 1 hour and 11 music listening to music on their phones every day.
- Traditional radio? It gets about 24 minutes a day from teens.
Read the whole report here.