The numbers are in for last week’s Canadian CD sales and streaming. Here’s what you need to know.
- Total album sales are down 38.4% from this point last year.
- CD sales are 52.2% lower than on June 1, 2019
- Digital albums are down 22.9%
- Digital tracks are -26.6%
- Vinyl LPs have dropped by 29.3%
- On-demand audio streams are up 16.6% year-over-year.
But what about within the pandemic period itself? A bit better than the previous week.
- Total album sales are up 2.4%
- CD sales actually rose by 34%
- Digital album fell by 8.2%
- Digital tracks are down by 5.9%
- Vinyl dropped by 7.3%
- On-demand audio streams are up by 1.6%.
The province that’s been hit hardest by a decline in album sales is Alberta, which has seen a fall of 44.6%