Canadian have spent the last week devouring Linkin Park music. Here are some comparative numbers of sales and streams before and after the death of Chester Bennington.
The charts closed at 11:59 pm on Thursday, just hours after we heard the new about Chester. In that short period of time,
- Album sales went from 500 the previous week to 2,700
- Digital track sales went from 1,300 to 8,600
- Streams went from 1.5 million to 3.9 million.
If we look at just this past weekend
- More than 5,000 albums were sold.
- 24,000 digital tracks were sold
- Over 10 million on-demand streams.
It’ll be interesting to see where things finish when the charts close this week. Those numbers will be available Monday or Tuesday.
(Courtesy Nielsen SoundScan)