I’m a big fan of audio books. Here’s one I’m adding to my queue: Making Music Your Business: A Guide for Young Musicians by Megadeth bassist David Ellefson. Here’s what it covers (via Blabbermouth):
* In The Beginning: getting started, teamwork
* The Team: personal management, attorneys, booking agencies, business management
* Recording: record labels, record deals, artist royalties, independent labels, music publishing
* Promotion: videos, radio, internet, press, publicity, touring
* Traveling: the road, concert promoters, traveler’s tips
* Gear and More: merchandise deals; equipment endorsements; copyright ownership and incorporation; negotiating
* Insights and advice from performers such as Tori Amos, Dave Mustaine, Chrissie Hynde, Billy Sheehan and Slash.