It’s been a week since we heard of David Bowie’s death and the tsunami of stories is slowly starting to recede. There are, however, a few that are still worthy of attention today.
- Blackstar debuts at #2 in Canada, selling 16,000 copies. That’s about 2,000 copies less than 25 from Adele.
- Nile Rodgers, producer of Let’s Dance, believes more than ever that the album is “cursed.”
- Duncan, Bowie’s son, shared a touching letter from a doctor.
- MuchMusic was running the BBC Bowie documentary Five Years over the weekend. If you see that it’s on, watch it. It’s excellent.
- Bowie’s death tells us something about our archives and what we need to do about them.
- This video shows the power of a massive artist like Bowie and how search can be a powerful tool when it comes to music.