Everyone’s taste in music is different. We all have different opinions on what matters when it comes to music. And we all have suspicions about other music fans. However, there are certain things on which we can all agree.
Esquire has put together The Music Fan’s Manifesto, which features 80 things where we’re all on the same time. My favourites include:
- Don’t read YouTube comments.
- A music fan doesn’t dismiss whole genres.
- $125 to hear Paul McCartney sing is a bargain.
- Never regret investing in a good turntable.
- A music fan doesn’t cry “sellout” until he’s looked long and hard at whether he’d take $100,000 from Doritos for a day’s work, too.