This is why you don’t want to use “‘ji32k7au4a83” as your password. Who knew? Consider that as you move onto music news for February 8, 2022.
- Claim: Working class people are being priced out of live music.
- The Foo Fighters have a VR thing planned for the Super Bowl.
- Some musicians are REALLY happy that Spotify is having a tough time these days. Here’s an example.
- Want to cancel your Spotify subscription? It can be a little tricky, but this is how you can do it.
- This DJ figured out how to short Spotify stock and made an insane amount of money–more than he’d ever earned from Spotify streams.
- Lady A (formerly Lady Antebellum) has finally worked out a settlement with Lady A (who was Lady A first.)
- Here comes another round of bonds backed by music.
- This company still makes cassettes.
- Merch for Good!
- These are the (formerly) anonymous founders of the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
- Browser tabs in music players? Let’s take a look at that.
- The current “crisis” of the quality of new music has reached radio.
- Here’s a good interview with Eddie Vedder about his upcoming new album, Earthling.
- Angels & Airwaves have canceled their European tour. COVID.
More news? Look here.
BONUS: If you’ve been following the Canadian trucker protests, take a look at this.