Bobby points at a couple of articles which can be summed up as follows:
1. Bono has been blasting tracks from the new album to friends and family at levels so loud that people on the beach near his abode in the South of France have been able to make them out, including “Song for Someone,” which is apparently already has made the cut for the record.
2. A reminder that the record might be called Sirens.
3. Rumours of a single in September, the album in late October (the 28th?) or early November (the 4th) with a tour announcement before Christmas. There are already rumours that the tour will begin in Vancouver in May.
4. There’s a chance that they’ll pull a Bowie/Beyonce and just release it without warning.
5. “Get On Your Boots” was the wrong lead single for No Line on the Horizon. They don’t want to make that mistake again. They know that the first single from Sirens (or whatever it’s called) needs to be absolutely killer.