Canada turns 150 today, which barely makes us a zygote alongside countries like Japan, China and Egypt. Still, it’s an important milestone for us. Here’s a roundup of Canada 15o-released music news.
- The BBC is helping in the celebrations by offering this look back at Glenn Gould, one of the most important musicians this country has ever produced.
- Vancouver musician Norine Braun has penned this home recorded ode to Canada.
- DMD Canada has created this Canada 150 playlist for Spotify and Apple Music.
- If you’re Ontario, that province also turns 150 today. Here’s the latest update about ONtour concerts, twenty-three concerts across the province this summer.
- Bono and the Edge will pop into Ottawa today to play one song as part of the celebrations.