New Record Store Day: The World’s Shortest Album
If we’re talking vinyl records, a typical album will run between 15 and 20 minutes per side. If it’s a CD, an artist has as much as 74 minutes to play with.
But Earache Records thinks that’s crazy. That’s why they’re planning to release the shortest album ever as part of Record Store Day 2013 on April 20.
The whole thing runs 63 seconds. That’s both sides. Metal Injection provides this track list along with the times of each song. And yes, they have time things down to the tenth of a second. Awesome.
01. Napalm Death – You Suffer (1.9s)
02. Napalm Death – Dead (2.7s)
03. Napalm Death – Your Achievement (4.2s)
04. Wormrot – False Grind Sodomy (2.5s)
05. Wormrot – You Suffer But Why Is It My Problem (4.0s)
06. Brutal Truth – Collateral Damage (4.0s)
07. A.C. – Howard Wulkan’s Bald (4.0s)
01. Lawnmower Deth – Be Scene Not Heard (4.7s)
02. Painkiller – Trailmarker (6.0s)
03. Brutal Truth – Blockhead (7.3s)
04. Morbid Angel – Bil Ur-Sag #2 Lava (6.9s)
05. A.C. – Windchimes Are Gay (9.5s)
06. Insect Warfare – Street Sweeper (13.5s)